5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake (Two experiments)
This 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake is so popular, and you can easily find and choose the recipe you like the most via google search. I’ve been curious about how to make a chocolate cake in such a short time. Is it different from those baked from oven? Does it taste good? How is its texture like? After browsing a dozen of this kind of chocolate mug cake recipes, I decided to take a different route and tried two different cooking ways. Why? Simply for fun. Both mug cakes tasted wonderful. No matter you choose which way, I highly recommend this chocolate mug cake if you’re a chocolate lover when you have a midnight craving for it, or on any no-bake days for whatever reason. This recipe is a keeper. Save it in a place, as a chocolate cake lover, some how you’ll need it some day.
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake with Two experiments (Printable recipe)
Prepare a large mug, microwave oven friendly
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 3 mins
Yield: serves 1
- 50 gm black chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 Tbsp plain flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
The first experiment: using a food processor
- Process the chocolate in a food processor into fine pieces. Add flour, sugar and baking powder and blend well.
- Pour in butter, milk, egg and vanilla extract. Pulse a few seconds. Don’t over blend, just incorporate, or else gluten would be generated in flour that affects the texture of the end result.
- Transfer the batter into a large mug. (It’s better to be two-thirds full, as the cake will expand when heated. Then it shrinks back a bit after cooling down though.) Pop the mug into the microwave oven to cook on high power (1000 watts) for 3 minutes. Let cool down a bit, enjoy it straight from the mug with a spoon or tip it out onto a plate, topped with cream or your favourite ice-cream if desired.
- If using a food processor, it’s quick and handy, surely a winning method to compact with the clock. You’ll enjoy a hot nice chocolate cake within 5 minutes.
- Some chocolate chips were still found inside the cake. It’s a good thing for those who enjoy the texture. But for those who want smooth texture, might consider replacing the chocolate with cocoa powder or use the second method mentioned below.
- Try to get good quality chocolate. You deserve a tasty chocolate cake, even though it’s in a mug.
- The cake will rise quite high in the oven. So don’t fill the batter into the mug too full. If your mug is not big enough, divide it into two mugs.
The second experiment: using melted chocolate, and all ingredients the same but skip the baking powder.
- Place a mixing bowl over a saucepan with one-third full of water, simmering over slow heat. Melt butter and chocolate in the bowl. Set aside and let cool.
- Use another mixing bowl. Combine flour and sugar. Add the egg, mix well. Pour in the milk mix thoroughly. Add the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla extract, and mix again. Transfer the mixture into a large mug. (It should be two-thirds full as the cake will expand.) Put the mug in the microwave oven and cook for 3 minutes on high power (1000 watts). Done.
Things found when compared the two methods:
To use a food processor, I’m totally confident in mixing all the ingredients, without worrying about leaving any flour not mixed well enough, or sit at the bottom, or sides of the mug.
Used a food processor: fine chocolate chips still can be found in the cake.
Taking the second method, I need one more step of melting the chocolate first. By using this method, I couldn’t finish within five minutes. If anyone can break the record, please leave comments below this post and let me know.
Used melted chocolate, a smooth cake with the finest texture producedCompared the taste of the cakes made by two different methods, both of them are wonderful and tasty. Only their textures were different.
From Around the Web :
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake (Two experiments) - Christine's
This 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake popular, easily find choose recipe google search. I’ve curious ... Read More
5-Minute Mug Chocolate Cake Recipe - Food.com - 325674
Made coffee mug cook microwave! I nextdoor neighboor internet . delicous! It dry ... Read More
How to Make 5-Minute chocolate mug cake in the microwave
Need chocolate !?! Of ! That' googled "5 minute mug cake", ?! Make delicious chocolate cake 5 minutes ingredients ... Read More
5-Minute Chocolate Cake | The Hungry Mouse
How chocolate cake 5 minutes microwave. Step--step photos.... Read More
How to Bake a chocolate souffle cake with the 2 Minute Chefs
How Bake chocolate souffle cake 2 Minute Chefs. Need quick easy chocolate dessert? In cooking video Rachel chef Mario covered.... Read More
A Cup of Coffee Cake (in Under Five Minutes) | Prudent Baby
I don’ love chocolate. BLASPHEMY I KNOW! It doesn’ , I ? I , , love cinammon. And crumbles.... Read More
Healthy Instant Chocolate Cake (aka 1 Minute Microwave Cake) and a
The recipe Instant Chocolate Cake, trusty sidekick Busy Day Cake, pops smartphone inbox! You gasp picture loads. It’ easy ... Read More